Thursday 8 May 2014

Wonderful Wonderwool

Wonderwool Wales was bigger and better, this year. Another hall had been added, so three halls of fibre-y fabulousness. Meeting up with all the usual suspects was as much fun as usual.
I bought an awful lot of socks from John Arbon. Some fabulous mini skeins from fivemoons yarns, for heels and toes. (Socks, of course.)  Only one ball of angora yarn from Bigwigs Angoras .... they had run out of the colour I wanted! Books, stitch markers, some delicious camel and silk lace-weight from Knitwitches. And it would not have been Wonderwool, if I had not kept up my strength with visits to Love Patisserie and Preseli Coffee.
 
 There were a number of representatives of fleece suppliers there.....
                     This lovely girl was on the British Coloured Sheep Society stand.
 
                                    A very pretty Ewe , for the Shetland Sheep Society

               Two Angora rabbits being beautiful on the Bigwigs Angoras stand.


                                       And there were one or two I had not expected.......

 
As I said, great fun, as ever, but Best beloved and I, along with Barley and Quince, did NOT bolt home at the end. We had booked a cottage for the week, so stayed on, and had a few more adventures in Wales.

No comments: