Friday 16 May 2014

New projects

 I seem to have been working on the same projects for ever. Well, some have been finished, ( see previous posts for the Exmoor Fair Isle sweater, and Fialka shawl, ) and some have bitten the dust. More of that anon.
 
The first of the new is yet another Annis by Susanna Ic. This is in a John Arbon 2/3 ply alpaca, in the most amazing rich ginger. I find myself in need of a bright shawl, which I will use as a scarf, to brighten all the neutrals that I wear.
 Just before we left for Wales, I started a pair of socks in a beautiful green. I found a lovely contrast for the toes and heels at Wonderwool. Oddly enough, it was from fivemoons! ( Of course it was... I know her sock yarns are reliable! ). On our return home, I finally decided, (with half a  sock made) that I did not like the yarn which the body of the sock was made from. ( not a fivemoons). So, I ripped it out. A jolly outing to see Sharon at fivemoons this week, and I came home with some lovely Luna Plus 4 ply, in Herb. As you see (above ), it sparks off beautifully against the  Pumpkin mini, (also Luna Plus 4 Ply), which I bought at Wonderwool.
 I also brought home some really cheery minis, which I could not resist. All Luna Plus 4 ply Minis.
                                                             Summer Marmalade
                                                         Geranium, and  Foxglove.
Sharon and I discussed the possibility of an improved version of the Firedrake scarf/shawl, which I made last Autumn. Possibly in a much heavier weight yarn, but still something really soft and luxurious. Hmm. Thinking caps on!

No comments: