Saturday 22 February 2014

Knitting on

 The Treccia is continuing to grow. The right side wrap, or wing, is complete, and the stitches for the left hand side have been picked up. I managed to knit another one and a half sections of it last night. Once this part (the 'wing') is done, there is an I-cord edge to knit along the top edge, to neaten and 'finish' it. I have hopes of finishing the stole before the Spring Fling KnitALong starts.
 
 
I love Snowdrops  ( Galanthus  sps  ). I'm afraid I am beginning to bore Best Beloved with my quest for different varieties. At a local garden centre, on Thursday, I saw some which were other than the common or garden G. nivalis. I then spent a good half hour looking at every pot... and I'm glad I did. In amongst the G.elwesii, were some snowdrops which clearly were a different variety. I ended up buying eight pots. Some were very nice G.elwesii. One pot had a G.plicatus among the other bulbs, another had a G. S.Arnott in the mix, and there was a pretty G. nivalis with a green point on its' outer petals. That is the sort of shopping I enjoy.
It is Nicky and Mellie's birthday today. A significant one. As well as the usual presents, I thought a posy of flowers open in my garden would be appropriate. I think Nick was pleased with them. Sadly, Mel will have to make do with a photo, being so far away.
 

No comments: