Monday 23 December 2013

Dulverton...again

Trips to Dulverton are either very quick and brief visits, or a more leisurely affair, but for someone else's benefit. Friday saw me in Dulverton again, but collecting things which had been ordered. It was a chance to look around by myself, and enjoy it.
 
A small shop, tucked in the corner next to the Post Office, has caught my eye on several occasions, so I took the chance to have a peep. Nimble Fingers is a Haberdashery, and needlework supplies shop. It is quite small, but crammed with an array of useful things. I spent a happy while, looking around and chatting to the owner.
There is a selection of yarns and knitting patterns, including some by John Arbon. A small but thoughtful selection of Excelana, and some of the Organic Merino range. I was unable to resist a skein of the natural white, aran weight, organic Merino.
Spotted on the stand of knitting needles, etc, was this Tunisian Crochet needle. I have never seen one before, and quite fancied trying it. The proprietor, Mr. Martin, assures me that he will always do his best to find tools and sundries for his customers.
This shop must be a god-send to local needleworkers of all sorts. It is also quite charming.

( Apologies for the lack of photos...I keep forgetting my camera just lately).

No comments: