Sunday 29 December 2013

Another shawl

Despite having a number of UFO's (Un Finished Objects), ( see Proliferation, 2nd November) I had to start on a new shawl. This is Abrazo , by Susanna Ic. Made in an alpaca/silk mix from Fleecewitch.  It is for my Sister-In-Law, Deb, for her birthday,
 
 It really is a lovely pattern, and the yarn is gorgeous. The two together made a very pleasing project.
 
 I slightly adapted the last few rows of the pattern, adding the eyelet and cast-off from another Susanna pattern, Summer Blooms.
 The border does not have such deep scallop as some of Susanna's patterns, which will suit Deb better. She is not so keen on the Goth as I am.
 I am pleased with the result. The only drawback, is that the little beads do not show up. Perhaps the colour match was too accurate.
 
I finally finished our Yule Cake on Friday. We both like rich fruit cake. We both like marzipan. But we don't like icing. So ...A marzipan decorated fruit cake !

No comments: