Thursday 12 December 2013

Colour work

A few posts ago, I was enthusing about some new yarn. It is likely to be a new line of yarns, from Juno Fibre Arts. So far, the colours are the natural pale grey, and a wonderful, deep red. The red, which is called  Harts' Blood, has a slight variation in depth of tone, which I really love. The yarn itself is very reminiscent of Icelandic yarns, but is also very soft. I would even go so far as to say- cuddly. It is a Masham/Bluefaced Leicester blend.
 
I have made a tension square, and knitted up one cowl. ( I still need to weave in ends, and block it). It is quite nice, but does not fit exactly with my intent.
 .
So, a second is on the needles. Slightly bigger, with a little tweaking of the colour-work design. It should be finished in a couple of days.
 

No comments: