Saturday 23 November 2013

Knit-knit-knit

 The Susanna Ic Autumn Mystery Knitalong has come to a close. People are finishing their projects, and posting photos of their shawls. Here is mine. It is the large size, no beads, in a lovely deep Moss colour. It will make a lovely Christmas gift for my Mother. 51% baby alpaca, 49% cashmere, it is as soft as butter to handle. I do hope she likes it.

Detail of the lace from the shawl.
 
 
The BFL/Masham  DK that I received a while ago, has knitted up beautifully.  It feels like Shetland wool, when I am knitting it, and does resemble it, once knitted up. Since the picture (above ) was taken, I have unravelled the sample, knitted a proper test sample, and washed and blocked it. It came out at 22 stitches by 30 rows over a 4 inch square. Standard double knit. Phew!
So, I have cast on , and am in the process of working up a cowl. There should be a skein of the same yarn, dyed in a good heart's blood colour, arriving shortly. A simple fair-isle design is wafting around in the ether, here at Dragonside.
 
 
 

No comments: