Wednesday 4 March 2009

Busy.

Looking at the crocus in the sunshine, I noticed one which is pinker than the rest. It's such a lovely shade. I think it is Crocus thomasinianus 'rosea'.
I was on leave last week, and goodness, what a busy week. I made four pairs of curtains,for the sitting room, as well as going on the Shaftesbury trip. I did a large amount of baking, prepared some Honey for bottling ,and (yawn ), caught up on some ironing.
The curtains are of deep oatmeal coloured linen, with a dommet interlining, and pale oatmeal lining. I am delighted with them - or rather , at having made them. The fabric has been on my desk since last summer, but something always seemed to stop me from starting. Now it only remains to make the last pair, but they will be huge, so must wait until the Easter Bank Holiday weekend, for me to have time to start them.
I also turned out some cupboards. While doing that, I came across this Fair Isle sleeveless sweater. This was made in ( about) 1980/81. It was made for Best Beloved, and was my first stranded colourwork project. After this, I made a number of sweaters with patterned yokes, in heavy Icelandic wool. They were very warm and comfortable. (We were glad of them, as we kept going off on camping holidays in the Lake District, Northumberland, and Welsh mountains, then getting caught in rotten weather!).

No comments: