Tuesday 9 September 2008

Made with love

At long last, I have finished the waistcoat I was making for my sister,Nicola.It was to be a birthday present, last February. Nicky chose the pattern, so I had to convert a seventies machine knit pattern to hand knit. All went beautifully, until I came to the borders.It didn't make any sense. And I went off knitting big time. Anyway, a few small projects (baby hats,etc.),got me going again. So here it is....

The yarn is 70% mohair/30%lambswool. Unbrushed. It's from a local Farm, the owners have the yarn spun at a local mill, and sell it themselves. Good to support local enterprise, particularly when the product is SO gorgeous.

1 comment:

Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

Gosh I love that vest! Particularly the front points which make it look so elegant. Must try to copy.

So tell me about Fibrefest and Coldharbour...