Tuesday 1 July 2008

Vital Teapot

Disaster! Well, a minor disaster. We have had a sweet Quantock Pottery teapot for years...the kind that looks as though it has fallen from the pages of 'Alice in wonderland'. And the spout got chipped! So, of course, it didn't pour properly. Just leaked everywhere. Now, that IS a disaster for dedicated Tea-drinkers. So, a hunt for a replacement. Wouldn't you think that pouring without spilling would be a main requirement of a Teapot? The aim being in the name, and all that? Apparently I expect too much. I bought several, each of which, in it's turn, went back. Then, I decided that you get what you pay for. And we do use the Teapot at least half-a-dozen times a day. So I paid - quite a lot more. But, ooooohh! Look at this....








Beautiful, yes? We love it. It's a smile-bringer.
A colleague and friend, B, has finally, and safely, delivered her baby.An 8lb 8oz boy. Great excitement at the office. I came across a really sweet, but also trendy, babies cardigan pattern last week. And some funky wool, so I think the knitting drought may be over. I do hope so.
Walking Poppy last night, I heard some odd whistly snuffling in the long grass alongside the stream. (probably 11.30 ish).This morning, TWO Otter spraints on the big boulder in the waterfall. It's only three weeks since the last lot of marking, so I'm hopeful that a new otter/family has moved into the territory.

No comments: