Thursday 24 April 2014

Still knitting

 Finally.... the Exmoor Fair Isle sweater is finished. Nine and a half  50 gram balls of Oatmeal, and  a bit less than two balls of Kingfisher. I got in a bit of a lather, when it came to putting the sleeves and body together, and forming a yoke. The bit I thought would be difficult was matching the lice pattern across all the body and sleeve stitches. It wasn't. I think I was one stitch out, but that got masked, when I did the decreases on the next row. The real fiddle was lengthening the back of the neck, and shoulders. Even that was not really difficult. The big problem is... thinking about it too much! Just do it!
 

Also finished.... the Susanna Ic Spring Fling KAL. This was a lovely experience, with a beautiful result. Susanna writes the patterns so clearly, and the charts are always easy. If one does get stuck, she provides amazing support with her patterns. I hope Asti /Juno likes it... I don't really want to part with it.
 (detail)

No comments: