Monday 14 October 2013

Silk and Wool

 During general chit chat, while we were working , lovely Boss stopped to show me some silk hankies. She then proceeded to pull the thinnest imaginable layer off the top, and (gently ) poke a hole in the middle. I could not believe my eyes, when I saw how it stretched and stretched. L.B. then broke the strand at a colour change, and wound it into a loose loop. ''There'', she said. '' Try knitting with that.''

Well, I had to have a try....it has fascinated me all week-end!



In other news........
I won the Novice trophy at the Devon Guild of Spinners, Weavers and Dyers Evaluation Day, on Saturday. My entry was a skein of the Wanui yarn, which I span from roving bought at Wingham Wools.
 If anyone had had a feather to hand, they could have knocked me over with it.

No comments: