Wednesday 18 November 2009

Knitting Quest

The last of the knitting-for-co-workers fest. This very easy project was knitted from Louisa Harding's 'Natural Knits for Babies and Mums' book. The yarn is Stylecraft Pure Wool D.K.
The dear little buttons are from Fine Fabrics in Taunton- Couldn't resist 'em!
It was my birthday recently, and I was given some really lovely things. A wonderful book on Otters, which is a reprint of an old (victorian) classic from Best Beloved. A subscription to 'Interweave Knits' from sister Nicky and R.( Oh, Joy, tra-la). An antique crystal vase from lovely S-I-L Deb. And from my dear friend Jacqui....
This fabulous scarf. Rowan silk. I wore it straight away -it is warm, cosy .....elegant. She gets my taste spot on, every time. And she is such a precise knitter. Look at her projects on Ravelry.com
(Jacquib).
From time to time, various swaps take place at Close Knit,(the group I belong to). The result of one of these swaps, found a bag of magenta Mohair d.k. yarn, clutched in my hot and sweaty hand. So, at the moment, I am trying to work out a pattern for a v-neck sweater, with no ribbing. It is a very bright colour for me! Should go well with emerald green cords(!!)
Some months ago, Dave at Hayes Wools showed me a magazine that I had not come across before, called Verena. I tried all sorts of places to track it down, to no avail. I spoke to Geoff, of Sue's News in Taunton, setting him off (inadvertently) on a Quest. Three months later, he has spoken to every magazine wholesaler in England, written to Germany, France and the U.S.A., and been let down twice. He has left me updates on my phone every couple of weeks, and has been incredibly helpful. AND ....this morning, a copy of Verena was left in my post box! I am really impressed. So, if you live in the Taunton area, Sue's News in Crown Walk has another copy of Verena on the shelves, and we may be looking for Interweave Knits next!

No comments: