Saturday 18 April 2009

Shopping

Oh, dear. It's that time of the year again. Which time? Well, plant sale time, of course.


This particular sale was by the Hardy Plant Society, at Monkton Heathfield village hall. As you can see, I bought a few things. Some Primroses, from the charity stall, for the woodland. Pulmonaria 'sissinghurst white', and a large-flowered white Viola, from a charming chap, whose name I have forgotten. An Arum italicum 'majorca' and a snowdrop list from Ros, of Beggars Roost Plants, and two Smilacina majalis from Joyce, the name of whose nusrsery I have also forgot.This is the single surviving Pear, which we put in at the same time as the rest of the orchard.It is the first time it has had any noticable amount of blossom. I don't like threatening my trees, but it seems to have worked!
I am still knitting! Another attempt at a bed for Babur. A lace scarf in Kidsilk Haze. An evening shrug for Nick , and the continuing saga of the Aran cardigan.

2 comments:

Rowan said...

Nice haul of plants from the Show, hope you aren't like me - getting carried away at plant sales and buying lots of plants then getting home and wondering where on earth I'm going to put them all:)

LinDragon said...

That sounds all too familiar, and true! But I have planted a few, already.