Wednesday 28 June 2017

Knit-A-Long

Last week, I clicked onto Ravelry, to bring my Susanna IC 'Fialka' project up to date... and there was a new Susanna Ic Knit-A-Long gearing up! Well, what can a girl do? I had to join.
 It begins this week, so finding yarn was essential. Providentially, Somerset Guild of Weavers, Spinners and Dyers were holding a Fibre and Fleece Day on Saturday, so off I went, taking a friend with me. There was a great deal of raw fleece being sold ( that is, not washed or carded), a similar amount of prepared fibre ( washed and carded, either by hand or by machine), and also yarn ready for knitting, as well as various equipment. My friend had not been to such an event before, but soon got the idea, and bought herself some rather lovely prepared fleece ( tops). I accidentally (! ) bought some lovely John Arbon alpaca/polworth/silk tops.


I also bought this very lovely greyish green 3-ply yarn. Alpaca/silk/cashmere it will be perfect for the KAL. So, now I need to wind the yarn into a ball and find the right needles in preparation for the start of the KAL. But first- get on with the Fialka!

No comments: