Wednesday 23 July 2014

Whose laundry?.......

Working my way through the ironing, a couple of days ago, I came across a miniscule pair of cotton trousers. Ladies red cotton trousers, but tiny, too small even for a Cindy doll!

I do not have children, and do not often have children visiting. Certainly there have not been any this year. I cannot think where the item may have come from. They must have been through my laundry, as they have the same smell as the rest of it.
This is not the first time it has happened, though. About eighteen months ago, a smart white shirt of similar dimensions appeared in the same way. I ironed it, and put it to air in the same way as the trousers. (above) When I went to put the aired clothing away, no shirt! And, yes, the trousers appear to have gone the same way they arrived.
Maybe one of our Woodland Fairies needed her holiday clothes cleaning. I daresay they are experts at laundering cobwebs and rose petals, but possibly not confident of cotton.

No comments: