Monday 30 September 2013

An End, more Middle, and another Beginning

 These socks seem to have been hanging around for ages......I finally made a concerted effort to finish them, as I don't like to have many projects on the go at once. It is a plain pattern, top down. The yarns are all fivemoons sock yarns, left over from other projects.
 
I started making Rowan ' Southport'  some weeks ago, in a longwool yarn. Then ran out of yarn just short of finishing the sweater. Bought two years ago at WonderWool Wales, there was no chance of matching it. So, I bit the bullet and ordered the Rowan cocoon recommended.  Started again, the pattern was not as exciting as first time, so has languished in my knitting bag. Last night, I did a couple of rows, which has brought it back into focus.
 
The new Susanna Ic Autumn Mystery Knit Along has just started. I signed up on the day it opened for registration. The choice of yarn for it was easy. Sharon, of fivemoons yarns, gave me this gorgeous alpaca and cashmere blend yarn a few weeks ago. It is a Knitting Goddess yarn. Absolutely lovely to handle. I hope to cast-on tonight.

No comments: